This church has been a part of the life of Long Eaton for over 60 years, expressing its joys, sharing its grief and building a hope for the future and the next generation.
The Pentecostal work in Long Eaton commenced in 1948 under the leadership of Bernard & Doris Epton.From very small beginnings the church began to grow & after years of meeting in various hired rooms the congregation were able erect a building on Bonsal Street. The building was officially opened on the 5th March 1960.
The congregation continued to grow and a new meeting place became necessary. When the Bethel Methodist Church became available, the congregation purchased the building re-opening it as the Elim Pentecostal Church in 1980.
A new and exciting chapter in the church’s history began in September 1988, when after dwindling to 20/30 people, the church was re-launched as the Oasis Christian Centre.Since that time the church has seen consistent growth in all aspects of the work & in recent years the church has flourished throughout the area and beyond. The Oasis Church has a formidable past and an exciting future.